THIS CONFERENCE IS FREE TO STUDENTS (EXCEPT FOR MEALS) AND HALF-PRICE FOR CU FACULTY AND STAFF
On November 14-18, CU-Boulder will host the 14th annual Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference at the Westin Hotel in Westminster. The conference focuses on the benefits of Web Standards and Universal Design for Digital Media along with strategies for making campus information resources accessible for students with disabilities and effective for all audiences.
Highlights from the program of over 60 sessions:
- Lab: ARIA and HTML5 Accessibility, Jared Smith, WebAIM
- Don’t Ask, Do Tell: Making Third Party Web Sites Accessible Without the Owners’ Help and Educating Owners How to Make Better Sites, Greg Kraus, NC State
- Accessibility Testing in the Real World
- Evaluating web content accessibility – using WAVE to facilitate human evaluation
- Moodle 2 Accessibility: Results from NC State University’s Accessibility Evaluation
- Integrating Accessibility into the Design of Online Learning Management systems: Theories and Practice
- Lecture/Demo: Nuts & Bolts of Captioning Digital Multimedia
- Implementation of a Multimedia Accessibility & Captioning Policy: a case study from the University of Illinois
- Lab: Working with Accessible PDF Documents
- Over 60 presentations and hands-on sessions taught by national experts
- Over 35 hours of hands-on workshops included in the agenda.